photo Slider1verb_zpsu4ingudm.png
 photo SocialCredit_zpstliy96k9.png photo SocialFB_zpssngsezyx.png photo SocialTwit_zpslfcqrgoc.png photo SocialIG_zpsf7okcyv2.png photo SocialPin_zps1w2rkf2m.png photo SocialCon_zpszaqvtizh.png

"Comb Over" & Celebrate


My sweet Jackson turned one this summer, therefore a "Little Man" celebration was in order.  My sister, Shawn and I designed his manly party.


It all started with my creatively-brilliant friend, Erin Nesser.  I simply told her that I wanted a monogram with Jack's initials and a chic pattern.  Needless to say, she out did herself!! I used brown, kraft-paper envelopes with the address labels she designed.  (Oh, and Erin also designed the Whip It Good Cookies logo which I am completely in love with - like I said, brilliant!!!)



My talented sister not only made this cake but also the adorable cake stand!


The vintage tool box contained push-up pops from Cupkate's Event Design.  We filled them with blueberries, grapes and cantaloupe.


The party wouldn't have been complete without custom cookies.



Who doesn't love ranch with their veggies?  This is a super easy way to change up the traditional veggie tray.


We fell in love with this vintage suit case and can't wait to find another project to use it for.  It was perfect for the goodie bags which were filled with homemade mustache lollipops, funny nose glasses and bubbles.


No worries, the kids drank root beer! ;)


I rummaged through the belts at some second-hand shops and found several that worked perfectly for our center pieces. 


We also found a ton of second-hand neck ties for the paper lanterns...


and else where.


I was not going to pass up the opportunity to display the super, freaking-awesome photography by my friend, Tracy of doe-ee-bird photography.  She captured Jackson in what will be some of my favorite pictures of all time.  More about her in another post... :)


The pictures from the "little man" photo shoot were perfect to add to the decor.  You can see more of them here.







A photo booth was the perfect end to this party.  The kids had so much fun with it!






Happy first birthday to my sweet baby boy!

Party Credits:

Party styling: Erin Heflin & Shawn Mixon
Invitation & logo design: Erin Nesser - High 5 Design
Jack's first year photo shoot: doe-ee-bird photography
Push-pop containers: CupKate's Event Design
Fabric & paper lanterns: Ikea
Paper straws & cupcake cups: Shop Sweet Lulu
Vintage suitcase: Zebras and Bubblegum
Photo booth prop Templates: Print Candee 

Thank you to my partner in crime, Shawn.  I can't wait for our next party adventure! 
Thank you to my sweet Donna Dean for all your help as well as Grandpa & Tattie for your help and letting us use your backyard oasis!